Home Page

Private Fostering

What is private fostering?


Sometimes a Mum or Dad will ask someone to look after their child for a while.

If they are under 16 or under 18 and disabled and stay with a person who
is not a close relative (grandparent, brother, sister, uncle, aunt or step-parent) for 28 days or more the law states that this is called private fostering. The person who looks after them is a private foster carer. 

What if I am unhappy while being privately fostered?You can contact Trafford Children’s Rights Service on 0161 912 5094.They will help you get it sorted out.